[OSM-dev] GPX pollution (spam?)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 28 18:27:36 GMT 2009

Hi,

Ciprian Talaba wrote:
> I have a couple of questions:
> 1. Did anybody saw something similar until now?

I think that there was a discussion about some kind of malfunction in a
GPX converting software, that would automatically create pseudo-GPX like
the stuff you are seeing for waypoints. It is possible that the person
who uploaded this track has used a similar software, and what you are
seeing are indeed their waypoints!

> 2. Is there a way to find out who uploaded these tracks, even if I
> expect they are marked as anonymous?

The admins can find out but there will be work involved on their part.

My recommendation would be to simply leave this alone. Even if it were
deliberate spam, unless it is done in a massive way all over the
country, it doesn't really do much harm.

Bye
Frederik