[OSM-dev] One value per key? Why not one pair per object?

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Mon Feb 2 02:25:57 GMT 2009

Maybe this is strange coming from me, but I have been giving it a
thought, the last few days.

What is the motivation to go to the one value per key thing again.
Opposed to unique(objectid - key - value)?

The unique constraint basically kills everything that remotely tries to
duplicate entries, and allows the features that were requested. Without
semantics in the value field.

I would love to hear some comments about this thought, because I think
'unique' in overhead is really not that much.

Stefan