[OSM-dev] Featurama: a proposal for an application to handle them all

Mario Ferraro fadinlight at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 18:00:53 GMT 2009

Hi all devs,

following a long debate in the Talk list, even if this is nothing new,
I've a strong feeling that we definitely need an application to handle
basically map features proposals and voting, but with all the other
features we can think about (output localized map features pages, output
the machine readable list[0] which is under development, possibility for
editor/renderer/router devs etc to tell easily which tags they handle, etc).

This is something quite huge and I can't probably handle all the coding
myself alone, even if I can and want strongly to work on it (beside
Osmafrontend of course ;)). Beside this, I just don't want to cook
something so critical in the obscurity, this should be a widely
participated analysis because, you know, this is a long debated issue.

So I've created a wiki page[1] for discussion and analysis, but, most
important, to have a list of devs who want to join the effort. Will post
further analysis and DB ERs there, and will be more active after Feb
20th (University exams... ;))... but will follow actively the discussion
and analysis in the meantime if (hopefully) there will be some.

Bye!

Mario Ferraro

[0] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Machine-readable_Map_Feature_list
[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Featurama