[OSM-dev] SVN rails_port questions: browse, relicensing

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Feb 3 10:14:11 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:

>     I was looking for the source code that is behind the
> www.openstreetmap.org/browse functionality but could not find it. I'm
> not a rails expert but I think that since I cannot find anything in
> config/routes.rb, it is probably not implemented in rails, is it?

It certainly is in rails, and in routes.rb:

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/rails_port/config/routes.rb#L61

> Also, I read from the foundation meeting minutes that the code to handle
> the technical side of the planned license change has already been mostly
> completed (and that's the status from 6 weeks ago), and I wonder if that
> code could be made available for inspection in rails_port_branches?

I think that was a slightly exaggerated description of the situation
that most likely arose from a bit of chinese whispers.

There is some code on my hard disk that I will be working on completing
over the next few weeks. As it isn't on a branch it probably won't be
committed before it is ready to go live though. It isn't a huge amount
of code though.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)