[OSM-dev] Trapi myths and rumors

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Sat Feb 7 06:45:25 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Blars Blarson
<openstreetmap-dev at scd.debian.net> wrote:
> Trapi takes about 16 gigabytes with a custom filesystem and the tag
> filtering on.  I'm working on changes to make it smaller, that may
> save a few gigabytes.
>
> While it is currently optimized for tiles at home, other uses are
> envisioned.

Thanks.

I already added a point to the Feature-Request -list of
Traveling Salesman to do the "download visible area"
and "update map around route" using the TRAPI-servers
instead of the mail api-server.
I will probably come around to implement that (and thus
also an osmosis-task for it) some time after version 1.0
is released next month.

Marcus