[OSM-dev] SVN rails_port questions: browse, relicensing

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Thu Feb 12 13:06:21 GMT 2009

Nabble/Mailman's dodgy header-detecting logic. Sorry if you only got half of
it.

<goldie_lookin_chain_impersonating_john_peel>
I'll try again...
</glcetc.>

Steve, Andy and I discussed it (as the 'licence working group' of the day,
though without the title) last year.

>From memory - I thought it would be a valuable piece of "inclusion" -
helping a large piece of the community feel listened to, despite the fact
that their preferred option wasn't being adopted. Steve saw it as
formalising the scheme on the wiki and was fine with it. I don't remember
what Andy thought.

There was never any intention to offer it as one of three options for
relicensing, in the manner of "Do you vote for ODBL, CC-BY-SA, or PD?".
Rather, it would be an additional box you could tick when/if you agreed to
ODBL. Exactly the same as the wiki scheme, but the db user relationship is
there.

cheers
Richard