[OSM-dev] Can't import data using Osmosis

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Sat Feb 14 03:03:39 GMT 2009

G H S wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have a MySQL database set up and I'm trying to use Osmosis to get an
> OSM extract XML file into it.  I followed the command-line pattern as
> shown at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis, but I'm getting
> an error:
>
> om.bretth.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Only one default
> (un-named) argument can exist per task.  Arguments 4 and 3 have no name.
>
> Here's the command line I used:
>
> osmosis --read-xml file="/users/myusername/Desktop/OSM\ stuff/OSM\
> data/illinois.osm" --write-mysql host="localhost" database="OSM"
> user="myusername" password=""
Could it have something to do with the fact that you're escaping spaces
with slashes (ie. "\ "), but you also have the file names surrounded
with quotes?  I don't know anything about Mac OS.  What shell does it
use?  The error messages are saying that the 3rd and 4th arguments (1
based index) are problematic.  I think this should be the --write-mysql
and host="localhost" parts of the command line but it's hard to tell
with the mixed quotes and escapes.

Brett