[OSM-dev] Can't import data using Osmosis

G H S tiosancho at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 02:51:43 GMT 2009

Hi all.

I have a MySQL database set up and I'm trying to use Osmosis to get an OSM extract XML file into it.  I followed the command-line pattern as shown at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis, but I'm getting an error:

om.bretth.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Only one default (un-named) argument can exist per task.  Arguments 4 and 3 have no name.

Here's the command line I used:

osmosis --read-xml file="/users/myusername/Desktop/OSM\ stuff/OSM\ data/illinois.osm" --write-mysql host="localhost" database="OSM" user="myusername" password=""

Any ideas?  This is under Mac OS 10.5.6.

Thanks!

Gavin