[OSM-dev] MySQL database format: latitutude/longitude are ints?

G H S tiosancho at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 18 06:48:03 GMT 2009

Hi all.

I'm just getting started experimenting with the data.  I imported an entire state (Illinois) into a MySQL DB with Osmosis.  Seems to have worked fine.  I wanted to do a few sample queries, so I looked up the lat/long of an address and then tried to select nodes in the general area.  But the coordinates are integers in the DB.  The latitude is 42.xxxx, and I tried latitude > 42 and latitude < 43 but got no rows.  It's a huge file, so selecting all rows basically hung the browsing app I'm using.

Thanks for any info.

Gavin