[OSM-dev] OGC standards / Sql Server 2008 / OSM... help?

brendan barrett shogunz0r at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 22:37:47 GMT 2009

Thanks for the links Jon

I've rolled my own import by reading the planet file XML and inserting
the data into the database, initially into tables that mirror the OSM
database. I then convert the data into SqlGeometry in other tables. I
tried using the Geography data type, but there's just no chance of
compliance there, so for now i'm using the Geometry datatype.

The only error highlighted for Australia on the coastal checker
website is far away from the areas where i'm getting issues.

Regards,
Brendan