[OSM-dev] Can not run Osmosis

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Thu Feb 19 11:30:25 GMT 2009

marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com wrote:
> Hello Xia,
>
> what version of osmosis have you been using?
> Did you compile it yourself or download any
> release-version?
>
> BTW: There is an osmosis-dev mailing-list that may
> be better a better match for your question.
>
> Marcus
>
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:46:29 +0800, Xia Zhang <boyamyxia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I just tried to combine two osm into one osm the Osmosis via:
>> java -jar osmosis.jar --rx 1.osm --sort --rx 2.osm --sort  --m --wx
>> final.osm
>>
>> However, always below errors.

>> 2009-2-19 17:39:38 org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
>> 信息: Osmosis Version 0.30.2

The nightly builds of osmosis and the current svn version require
additional jar files in order to run.  If you run osmosis directly using
"java -jar osmosis.jar" the libraries in the lib sub-directory won't be
available.  You need to run osmosis using one of the launch scripts
although the windows one might not be up to date.

For what you're doing you'll be better off running the latest stable
version.
http://gweb.bretth.com/osmosis-latest.zip