[OSM-dev] new keepright.ipax.at bubble behaviour - please revert

Eddy Petrișor eddy.petrisor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 23:24:12 GMT 2009

Harald Kleiner a scris:
> Hi Eddy,
>
> the problem with maps never calming down is not new to me. I've turned
> off auto-panning for now and think about a way to make this optional in
> the future.
>

>> Also, what is the purpose of the option "keep error open"? As I
>> understand it, there's no difference between that and simply pressing
>> "cancel".
>>
> No, it's not: Cancel just closes the bubble whereas 'keep open' will
> reset the state back to open if it was not open before.
>

>> Please revert this behaviour, is really hard to use keepright now.
>> Other possible ways to fix (some maybe combined):
>>  - use a smaller font for the radio buttons, thus decreasing the default
>> bubble size
>>  - remove the "keep error open" option
>>  - hide the radio buttons hidden under an expandable area
>>  - remove "Save" and all the radio buttons and add other 2 buttons:
>> "false positive" and "fixed" - this way the bubble is not as high as
>> before and there are less confusing items
>>  - make the bubbles wider
>>
> I'll think about a three button solution!
> Thanks for the hint!

And another hint, you might want to make the code public (git repo on
repo.or.cz, svn on google, git/bzr/svn on savannah, svn/cvs on
sourceforge.net), or at least make a public bug tracker so we can avoid
reporting bugs here.

Depending on how hard it is I might be interested in adding some tests
for consistency myself (overlapping ways, naming conventions - would
need to be contained to an area).

--
Regards,
EddyP