[OSM-dev] [OSM-newbies] why don't street names show up at zoom leveles

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:16:45 BST 2009

Chris,

Have copied this to the dev list as well as Steve Chilton, the maintainer of
the Mapnik stylesheet, as there are likely to be some technical reasons for
which someone else can respond on.

I can think of a couple of possibilities, there may be others:
1. The way is very long [1] and Mapnik clearly isn't rendering the name
frequently enough along its length.
2. Conflict with other items might be causing it not to render in any
particular view.

Cheers

Andy

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/5676994