[OSM-dev] planet hourly diff generation stopped 20090627 19:00

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Wed Jul 29 01:05:34 BST 2009

2009/7/29 Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com>:
> Hi Grant,
>
> What did you do exactly?  I'm not sure what impact I had on this outage.

<snip>

> So thanks for generating the missing files, it's much appreciated.  Did you
> just re-run osmosis, or did you have to do something else?

osmosis seems to have been dead-locking. I couldn't see any obvious
problems like hardware etc (after all it is currently running on
deathly old dev server)... I was unaware of the code changes.

I updated the ancient version of sun-java6-jre with the newest version
from debian backports and restarted the process. (instead of waiting
for the late night cronjob)

osmosis seems to have been pushing smaug hard.
http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/smaug.openstreetmap.html
(osmosis ended at: 17:12)

/ Grant