[OSM-dev] My Own Rails_Port site - Stuck!

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Jun 1 10:21:56 BST 2009

mopedtux wrote:

> 1. Tileserver: Need the embedded lighthttpd customizing to deploy the
> tiles or  need i set up an separate Webserver  (e.g. apache) with
> documentroot on the tile-dir and other enhancements?

Depends if you want to use mod_tile or not. If you want to use mod_tile
you will need to use apache. If you are serving pre-generated tiles then
lighttpd should be fine.

> 2. my r_p-website uses for Displaying the map and exporting osm-data the
> official osm-servers (x.tile.openstreetmap.org and api.openstreetmap.org).
> Which customizing is necessary that the local data is used. Maybe i have
> to generate new OpenLayers? But where?

The map is created by the code in public/javascripts/map.js but it
mostly just pulls in the standard OSM layers that are defined in
public/openlayers/OpenStreetMap.js.

The URLs that the export tab redirects to are hardwired in the export
controller code in app/controllers/export_controller.rb.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/