[OSM-dev] The map key isn't static anymore

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 00:20:00 BST 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Tom Hughes<tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> Actually it probably won't be live for a while as the solution looks like it
> is a complete mess that won't scale to handling the other map layers. I need
> to review it fully but right now I'm not hopeful from a quick glance.

It's a hack, but the original implementation that has been there for
two years doesn't support anything but the default mapnik rendering
either and osmarender/cyclemap haven't submitted a map key for their
rendering in that time.

It's easy enough to add the support if there's a need, but thus far
there hasn't been so I didn't see the point of spending time on
something that might not be used for the foreseeable future.

Not being able to translate this aspect of the interface however is a
current problem.