[OSM-dev] 0.6 on PostgreSQL

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:29:42 BST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:
> Okay, I should have checked the source code first.
>
> I'm guessing I need to modify db/database.yml and set the adapter to
> "pgsql".  And then compile the libmyosm library as explained in db/README.

the adaptor is "postgresql", i think. also, contrary to the
documentation, the library is libpgosm.so (probably a copy-and-paste
error).

a couple of other notes to get migrate and things to work: in
migration 25 you'll need to add ::interval to the end of '1 hour' so
that postgres will parse it. if you get "system trigger" errors
running the tests, you'll need this
http://kopongo.com/2008/7/25/postgres-ri_constrainttrigger-error

i might be forgetting other stuff as i only got all the tests passing
myself over the weekend...

i know, i know, the wiki needs updating :-)

cheers,

matt