[OSM-dev] bad pngs from mod_tile / renderd & meta files

jburns jzburns at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:40:36 BST 2009

> How big is this file?
0.meta is 34054 bytes (yes, bytes)

> Intel or Sparc CPUs?
Intel

Done, you can find it here: http://79.97.14.235/0.meta

> What do you
> see if you run 'file' on the renderd & mod_tile.so?
as follows:

file renderd returns:
renderd:        ELF 32-bit LSB executable 80386 Version 1 [FPU], dynamically
linked, not stripped

file mod_tile.so
/usr/apache2/2.2/libexec/mod_tile.so:   ELF 32-bit LSB dynamic lib 80386
Version 1 [FPU], dynamically linked, not stripped

> You could turning off the meta-tile mode by commenting out the
> METATILE define in render_config.h & recompiling. That should make the
> code generate plain pngs but this code path is not well tested.

yes, I think this is the next step. I have compiled and built everything
from boost, mapnik and osm stuff using sun studio 12 with no issues, so I
don't think its a compiler issue.

I appreciate your help.

John