[OSM-dev] List of Questions

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu May 7 11:17:41 BST 2009

El Jueves, 7 de Mayo de 2009, Sam Mor escribió:
> We use postGIS with postgresql,.. what do we need shapefile or..?
> and obviously We dont have it.

No, you don't need a shapefile, but you need a data source for mapnik.
Remember that Mapnik needs to work with closed areas, so I hope your
boundaries are properly closed!

Anyway, please have a look at http://trac.mapnik.org/wiki/XMLGettingStarted -
that's an example of how to use shapefiles. Just look at the osm-template.xml
to see how to use a table of polygons from a PostGIS DB to feed a Mapnik
datasource.

> We will check the second part of your message, because we have no idea..

If you check the mapnik examples, everything will come naturally :-)

Cheers,
--

Todo lo que ud. necesita para ser un pescador es paciencia y cebo.