[OSM-dev] Grumble, grumble

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Mon May 11 09:23:01 BST 2009

> Well, depending on how you downloaded the data in the first
> place. It is not
> said that the data came from a download in JOSM.
> But if it is, and JOSM can "recreate" the download and then
> only query the
> missing items, that's even more efficient.

As it was me started this thread (and repeating the edits was a lot
quicker than doing them the first time as I'd already got all the
traces off the GPS device, photos off my phone, geotagged the photos
- which was for Flickr rather than JOSM, etc)...

In my case a typical edit session will be something along the lines
of:
* Download latest JOSM
* Run JOSM using batch file
* Download area using slippy map
* Open any local GPX files (such as waypoints, or one's publically
uploaded where I want to join the dots/import images)
* Make changes
* Upload changes
* Close JOSM

So the data always comes from a JOSM download for me.

Ed