[OSM-dev] Grumble, grumble

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon May 11 09:36:50 BST 2009

Hi,

Karl Guggisberg wrote:
> What if JOSM used Multi GET? And only for relevant primitives? I.e.
> primtives with id > 0 and modified=true or deleted=true. Would it be banned
> too?

I think this would be possible, but you would *still* want to do a "map"
call anyway in order to see any new objects created on the server in the
mean time. So my suggestion would be to do the "map" call as we have
always done, but afterwards, if we find that some objects we still have
in our local data set were not returned by the map call even though we
expected them to, either immediately deduce that these must have been
deleted on the server, or, more fail-safe, do a multi GET *only* for
these objects in question to receive confirmation about their status.

Bye
Frederik