[OSM-dev] Can SQLite3 handle OSM 150G data file?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Fri May 15 04:22:00 BST 2009

Thanks to everyone who replied.

OK, loading all the nodes for OSM doesn't take much time, but INDEXing
the fields takes forever (days).

The first time I tried this, I pre-created the indexes before loading
the data. That's why the load took so long.

This time, I loaded the data first (fairly quick) and then created the
indexes. It's now been several days and the indexes are still being
created.

Thoughts?