[OSM-dev] Can SQLite3 handle OSM 150G data file?

Tomas Kolda kolda at web2net.cz
Fri May 15 09:58:57 BST 2009

Did you try my version of import? I have no responses, so maybe not :).
I did not tried complete planet, but indexes was created quite fast.
30seconds on 150MB osm file.

I think that you should make a chart (xml size->time to create index)
and than you can see complexity of creating indexes in sqlite based on
OSM size. I think that it will be O(n log(n)), but maybe not.

If I will have time, I can try to convert planet using my tool.