[OSM-dev] Guys I trusted you, I removed my checks...

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue May 19 00:37:43 BST 2009

Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> ...but again this trust was misplaced. No, it is not Potlatch 0.9a,
>> it cannot be Potlatch is the perfect user tool and introduction to
>> OSM.
>
> More to the point, 0.9a hasn't actually been in use for 349 days. So either
> your checks have missed this before (it cannot be, they are the perfect user
> checks etc. etc.), or it isn't Potlatch.

Exactly my point; it is not Potlatch!

> *blam*
>
> /me needs another barrel

True, but I am now implementing a *super duper* *top secret* *z-curve*
OSM implementation, that just has problems with INT_MAX failures from
OSM. So unless you feel responsible for sending -1 and someone else
interpreters them as INT_MAX I am not blaming you, only myself for not
explicitly checking my accepted input range.

Not to worry, now I am just converting 100+GB worth of data again...

Stefan