[OSM-dev] Guys I trusted you, I removed my checks...

Gregory Williams gregory.williams at purplegeodesoftware.co.uk
Tue May 19 13:08:45 BST 2009

Looking at the data, it was modified on 2008-05-11. That was within the API 0.5 timeframe. So surely it was the 0.5 -> 0.6 upgrade process that didn't catch the data anomaly, rather than the current API 0.6 code? After all, the data hasn't been changed since API 0.6 went live.

It's good to see that Iván has posted a very plausible reason for why those particular longitudes were getting shown. I found the location of the lake in question on Wikipedia and see that the latitudes have changed significantly as well. I've written a little bit of code to revert the nodes to their most recent valid positions and committed the result after checking that it looked reasonable in JOSM.

Gregory