[OSM-dev] Guys I trusted you, I removed my checks...

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:50:12 BST 2009

2009/5/18 Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de>:
> ...but again this trust was misplaced. No, it is not Potlatch 0.9a, it
> cannot be Potlatch is the perfect user tool and introduction to OSM. It
> must be API 0.6 that didn't solve all our problems, as was promised.
> Instead but it opened the gates of hell, a parallel universe within
> OSM...[/melodramatic] [start fanfare tune + brass]
>
> http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/way/8115655/full
>
> http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/255483811/history
>

> I probably have to blame myself; I was a fool to speed up my converter
> by removing the consistency checks. But since when do we support more
> than -180/+180 ?
>

> Stefan

Current API code has limits for the standard sane coordinate limits,
and it always has done as far as I can remember (back to mid 0.4, but
I wasn't coding then..)

It probably just hadn't come to anyone's attention that we did have
bad coordinates in the database from some source, and nobody bothered
to run a consistancy check on them...

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood