[OSM-dev] Problems with Planet-Excerpt Import into apidb

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Fri May 22 00:47:48 BST 2009

Holger Schöner wrote:
> Okay, now the import of Europe (still the same data of about two weeks ago)
> worked at least until before copying the data into the current tables.
> Because this copying took forever again, I am now going to try it without
> first running the second part of the setup scripts (creation of keys and
>
> Thanks anyway, your hints have already brought me much further than I was
> before! My usual way of simply trying out everything is a little cumbersome
> here with these amounts of data ...

Yep, it's frustrating trying to test this stuff out, very time consuming.

Let us know how you go.  If you come up with a good sequence of steps to
follow we can document it as notes to the --write-apidb task on the
osmosis detailed usage page.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/DetailedUsage#--write-apidb_.28--wd.29

I'd like to create a new task that creates PostgreSQL COPY files instead
of talking directly to the db.  These are typically a much faster way of
doing bulk imports.  But I won't get to it for a while.