[OSM-dev] [API] Suggestion: Baselines

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Tue May 26 13:18:05 BST 2009

2009/5/26 Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de>

> Chris Browet wrote:
>
>> What do you think?
>>

> I see perspective in a Copy-On-Write; because my main problem with
> changesets, is with parsing from the last baseline back to the point in time
> you actually want to have.

It has nothing to do with changesets but with version number. Think SVN,
where the changesets are just the comitted diff's.
You wouldn't have to trace back. Just request the baseline number where you
know the data was ok.

> If you just want to materialise the entire database at a certain interval,
> don't you think this will grow very fast?

I don't know. A baseline would only consist of a list of all objects id with
their associated version number at a certain point in time, not the actual
objects...