[OSM-dev] JSON/GeoJSON output format for 0.6 api

Jeffrey Warren warren at mit.edu
Wed May 27 00:33:49 BST 2009

I'm adding GeoJSON and also structured OSM JSON output formats to a rails
port 0.6 API I'm running; are these changes I could potentially commit, so
such formats could be offered by OSM proper, or are they too specific a
need? I'll be posting the changes online regardless.
The osm JSON will be an exact JSON version of the current OSM XML, while the
GeoJSON will pack Nodes into their parent Ways and Relations, as I believe
that more accurately follows the GeoJSON spec. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Best,
Jeff