[OSM-dev] Osmosis error on constraint nodes_ibfk_1

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 10 19:12:47 GMT 2009

I'm using osmosis 0.31.2 to insert some data (from XAPI) in a mysql database and
I get the error
Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`osm06/nodes`,
CONSTRAINT `nodes_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`changeset_id`) REFERENCES `changesets`
(`id`))

I'm trying to load two osm files (which I've merged and sorted in the process).
If I read the error correct, it is trying to insert a node with a changeset_id
that does not occur in the changesets table.

What could be the problem here and how can I correct it?

Maarten