[OSM-dev] Scale markings on maps

John Robert Peterson jrp.crs at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:34:59 BST 2009

Has there been a recent change with the removal of the scale makings from
the bottom of the map display? Or is it my chaine that's causing it?

On a very closly related matter, is there any way to adjust things so that a
decent scale is displayed -- so often I find that I want to know the
distance between 2 points that are 3/4 of the width of the screen appart --
I would have to zoom out 2-3 zoom levels and use the tiny scale that was
shown by default to estemate. If there was some address bar argument that
woudl allow me to display a prper scale that stretched over the whole bottom
of the map, I'd be a lot more happy. This could even be an option in the
layers menu.

I find that good scale markings are very important when reading a map.

JR