[OSM-dev] 3d Import into OpenArena working

Stefan Ziegler stefan.ziegler_zst at gmx.de
Sat Oct 10 23:55:09 BST 2009

Hello,

(sent too early, it's late)

I think, the future for openstreetmap will not be Blender or any gaming engine like openarena.
I think, the most used platform for openstreetmap will be WebGL, a 3D-rendering API integrated in the browsers, usable with JavaScript. It is already integrated in developer versions of WebKit (Safari, Konqueror) and Firefox.

http://www.khronos.org/news/press/releases/khronos-webgl-initiative-hardware-accelerated-3d-graphics-internet/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/webgl/ (???)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--