[OSM-dev] Planet File Change Request

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Sep 1 23:54:01 BST 2009

On 01/09/09 23:45, Stefan de Konink wrote:

> It is interesting how you have enforced referentatial constraints in the
> 0.6 api. If the answer is: we didn't, why not enforce it when it is fixed?

Referential constraints are (hopefully) correctly enforced by the 0.6
api - it wasn't possible before due to a lack of transactions.

Some (but not all) referential constraints are enforced in the database
now. The particular issue addressed here is not enforced in that way as
I am not aware of a sane way to do so with our current schema.

Data created before the transition may therefore violate some
constraints in ways that the 0.6 api would not allow.

If you find recently created ways that reference deleted nodes then
please let us know. If you find old ways that do it then just upload a
new version and that will fix the data.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)