[OSM-dev] Planet File Change Request

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Wed Sep 2 00:11:52 BST 2009

On 1 Sep 2009, at 23:54, Tom Hughes wrote:

> Data created before the transition may therefore violate some
> constraints in ways that the 0.6 api would not allow.
>
> If you find recently created ways that reference deleted nodes then
> please let us know. If you find old ways that do it then just upload a
> new version and that will fix the data.

I'm not convinced it works in all cases, as there is an assumption
that if a node is already in a way, or a member is already a member of
a relation then it is valid. This assumption was added to the code to
make it significantly faster to update larger ways and relations.

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/14931
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/15008
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/15009

Shaun