[OSM-dev] (no subject)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Sep 5 10:46:22 BST 2009

On 05/09/09 09:34, Stephan Knauss wrote:
> Roland Olbricht wrote:
>> way 15581339 contains node 448856251 but this node is deleted. Both elements date from 27th July, so they are edited (and the node also created) after the change to API 0.6.
>>
>> How can this happen? Is this intended?
>
> That sounds lika potlatch problem. The node is created and deleted in
> the same changelist. Why is potlatch uploading it at all?

If Potlatch is in live mode then each change is uploaded as it is
made so just being in the same changeset does not mean it was uploaded
at the same time.

The history appears to be that, all in one changeset (which is not
necessarily one upload with Potlatch) the node is created, then added
to the way, and then deleted (but not removed from the way).

> Two bug-reports should be filed:
> a) for potlatch as it's not removing deleted nodes from ways

Indeed.

> b) maybe for the integrity check at database. Someone mentioned it
> should prevent the deletion of nodes still in use.

As I said, this is not something that can be checked at the database
level. The API should catch it though so if it doesn't then that is a bug.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/