[OSM-dev] "Deep History" App

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 18:49:13 BST 2009

I'm working on a webapp that pulls way/node/relation history data from the
API and does its best to show it in a format that's a little easier to read
than the main openstreetmap.org website.

I've got the node history done for the most part (e.g.
http://osm.mapki.com/history/node.php?id=466503333)

Next up are ways. This is pretty difficult, though, as a way's history only
shows the nodes that made up the way at that time, not which revision of
those nodes made up the way at the time. Is there a solution for this or do
I really need to get the full history for every node in a way in order to
see where the node was at given point in time?