[OSM-dev] "Deep History" App

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Sep 15 19:01:47 BST 2009

On 15/09/09 18:49, Ian Dees wrote:

> Next up are ways. This is pretty difficult, though, as a way's history
> only shows the nodes that made up the way at that time, not which
> revision of those nodes made up the way at the time. Is there a solution
> for this or do I really need to get the full history for every node in a
> way in order to see where the node was at given point in time?

No, because the server literally doesn't know - we don't record the
version number of a node that is part of a way as it would mean the way
had to be updated every time a node was changed.

The only way you can do it is by matching up timestamps.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/