[OSM-dev] "Deep History" App

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Sep 15 20:55:50 BST 2009

On 15/09/09 20:34, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I am very much in favour of supplying, and periodically updating, a full
> OSM history dump. I think the main reasons why this is not being done
> currently are
>
> (a) nobody wrote a program for it

Very much so. I did try and prod somebody into doing it on IRC the other
day, but it doesn't seem to have worked...

> (b) any program that does get written would have to be engineered in a
> clever way in order not to put too much strain on the data base and
> still produce something consistent

I don't know that it needs to be particularly clever - just an extension
to the existing planetdump program that causes it to dump all the
history should be fine.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)