[OSM-dev] "Deep History" App

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Wed Sep 16 01:47:05 BST 2009

andrzej zaborowski schrieb:
> 2009/9/16 andrzej zaborowski <balrogg at gmail.com>:
>> 2009/9/15 Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com>:
>>> Next up are ways. This is pretty difficult, though, as a way's history only
>>> shows the nodes that made up the way at that time, not which revision of
>>> those nodes made up the way at the time. Is there a solution for this or do
>>> I really need to get the full history for every node in a way in order to
>>> see where the node was at given point in time?
>> Let me post the link in this thread too, I think amf getway_history
>> call does exactly this, except there's nothing similar for relations.
>
> Sorry, no, it doesn't do exactly this, but it still may be useful for
> a way history browser in that it tells you the way's physics history
> with finer granularity than version changes.

But you'll need a local clone of the osm history db, don't you? I read
that it *might* be possible to do that if you have a server with lots of
free space. For me I have to say that I'm an app developer and I don't
want so set up (and maintain!) my own clone of the db if the api would
provide me with everything *but this single information*.

I'd rather stop working on this tool as setting up my own db is too much
trouble. If it is possible we should definitely add it to the api to
make it available to developers like me.

Peter