[OSM-dev] "Deep History" App

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 02:03:12 BST 2009

2009/9/16 Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de>:
> andrzej zaborowski schrieb:
>>>
>>> Let me post the link in this thread too, I think amf getway_history
>>> call does exactly this, except there's nothing similar for relations.
>>
>> Sorry, no, it doesn't do exactly this, but it still may be useful for
>> a way history browser in that it tells you the way's physics history
>> with finer granularity than version changes.
>
> But you'll need a local clone of the osm history db, don't you? I read that
> it *might* be possible to do that if you have a server with lots of free
> space. For me I have to say that I'm an app developer and I don't want so
> set up (and maintain!) my own clone of the db if the api would provide me
> with everything *but this single information*.

I know but I think TomH said in this thread he wouldn't mind an
additional call on the main server (?) and especially it seems the AMF
api is not documented as much as the main api so adding something
there does not break anybody's spec (which may be the reason it has
these nice calls adapted to the editor's needs).  I imagine you'd need
to ask for an account on the server and discuss the api addition with
appropriate people.

Cheers