[OSM-dev] Josm bug: deleted nodes cause conflicts

malenki osm_ at malenki.ch
Sun Sep 27 05:38:47 BST 2009

Am Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:14:17 -0400
schrieb "Mike N." <niceman at att.net>:

> This has been hashed over many times in other lists and it's not
> going to change.

Learning curve seems to be steeper as with MS Notepad or nano? :)

> Bottom line is people aren't going to change their MUA

After all they can change the way handling their MUA. And quite a lot
are able not to send duplicates.

> - your MUA should be sophisticated enough to suppress duplicate
> emails anyway.

Why shouldn't the users MUAs be able to supress duplicates before they
are sent? Would solve the problem at the root.

How should my MUA decide which of email duplicates are sent on purpose
[like: this is really really important, that's why I sent it also as CC]
and which just accidentally [I just hit-reply-to-all] - or which
ones I want to see and which ones not?
In my opinion a MUA should never suppress any data if he is not
explicitly told so.
Am I supposed to tell my MUA this to comfort other peoples lets say
carelessness?

malenki,
not losing a word about quoting