[OSM-dev] Josm bug: deleted nodes cause conflicts

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 05:49:07 BST 2009

2009/9/27 malenki <osm_ at malenki.ch>:

> Learning curve seems to be steeper as with MS Notepad or nano? :)

How is that relevent, people use various apps and now web apps for
their mail, and I don't know of any web apps that support reply to
list.

> After all they can change the way handling their MUA. And quite a lot
> are able not to send duplicates.

Most aren't even coded to use list replies, I doubt they'd be coded
well enough to work out what a duplicate is likely to be.

> Why shouldn't the users MUAs be able to supress duplicates before they
> are sent? Would solve the problem at the root.

How does a MUA know what a duplicate is before it's sent?

> How should my MUA decide which of email duplicates are sent on purpose

Each email has a unique ID, a MUA can detect this and can merge/delete
duplicates.