[OSM-dev] Any OpenStreetMap viewer for Android?

Eric Marsden eric.marsden at free.fr
Mon Sep 28 20:03:57 BST 2009

>>>>> "sk" == Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com> writes:

  sk> Am I right that there's no OpenStreetMap viewer software available for
  sk> Android-based phones - at least no open source except AndNav2?

  There is an experimental port of Navit, which does on-device vector
  rendering and routing with OSM data. It works reasonably well in my
  limited testing so far.

    http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Navit_on_Android

  There is also an experimental on-device editor called Vespucci

     http://www.cyrket.com/package/de.blau.android
     http://code.google.com/p/osmeditor4android/wiki/Overview

   which writes directly to the API.

   With the multiple excellent logging applications that are available,
   Android is a nice mobile platform for OSM!

--
Eric Marsden