[OSM-dev] Black Roads

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Tue Sep 29 19:52:07 BST 2009

> I appear to have a problem with the M4 motorway in London. Almost all of
> the road is correctly styled, however one part is completely black. I've
> attached an example. Does anyone know why this has happened and how to
> resolve it?
>
> http://maps.m4.net/osm_tiles2/14/8178/5449.png

The permalink would be (but actually it's not working somehow?)
http://maps.m4.net/?zoom=14&lon=-0.3076171875&lat=51.49506473014368

And for the OSM Main-Map (where everything is fine)
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?zoom=14&lon=-0.3076171875&lat=51.49506473014368

When you take a very close look on the area where the M4 is connected to
the Great West Road (A4), you'll see that not all of them are black. The
Data-Layer on osm.org tell you, that the black parts are those that are
tagged with bridge: yes and layer: 2 (eg.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/38815535)

It seems there are some bad rules in the mapnik styles for
highway=motorway_link / highway=motorway with bridge=yes.

Peter