[OSM-dev] shp2osm.pl

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Sep 30 00:07:34 BST 2009

Sorry if this is a duplicate, sending using my other email address which is
the one subscribed to the list...

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de>wrote:

> Please, if you can, fix it! If you can, commit directly or post a patch
> otherwise! this is a major bug that *needs* to be fixed *fast*!

This needs to be reviewed.  I'm not really a perl guru, and some reference
magic is being done which I don't really understand.  Plus I'm new to OSM.
But I've attached a quick patch.

In the longer term, I'd like to merge nodes throughout the entire file when
they are duplicated in more than one polygon.  And I believe it has been
suggested to use boundary relations rather than polygons in cases where
there are a lot of overlapping boundaries.  But if someone with some
knowledge of perl and OSM looks this patch over, it should be enough to fix
the bug in the short term.

Anthony