[OSM-dev] Black Roads

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 30 10:58:04 BST 2009

Richard Ive wrote:

> I've just downloaded the latest mapnik from mapnik.org
> <http://mapnik.org> and re-installed it with scons.

By that, you mean you downloaded the 0.6.1. source tarball and compiled
it, I presume?

Another thing you could try is to check out the mapnik source tree by
svn, and work with that.

> Unfortunately this has not fixed the issue though. In addition I
> searched the postgresql log for missing columns which returned nothing.

Ah, too bad. This has been one of the common issues in the past, of a
mispairing between mapnik and osm.xml.

> [postgres at maps data]$ cat logfile | grep -i missing
> [postgres at maps data]$ cat logfile | grep -i column

Missing columns show up like this:

ERROR:  column "aeroway" does not exist at character 38

> The only errors I could find were:
>
> ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_line" does not exist at character 85
> ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_polygon" does not exist at character 159

Nothing else which gives more of a clue in the log file than this?
What's just before/after these messages? For instance, which layer in
osm.xml causes these error messages?

--
Lennard