[OSM-dev] Black Roads

Richard Ive richard at xanox.net
Wed Sep 30 10:39:47 BST 2009

Thanks for yor help again.

I've just downloaded the latest mapnik from mapnik.org and re-installed it
with scons.

Unfortunately this has not fixed the issue though. In addition I searched
the postgresql log for missing columns which returned nothing.

[postgres at maps data]$ cat logfile | grep -i missing
[postgres at maps data]$ cat logfile | grep -i column

The only errors I could find were:

ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_line" does not exist at character 85
ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_polygon" does not exist at character 159
ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_line" does not exist at character 199
ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_line" does not exist at character 199
ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_line" does not exist at character 343
ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_line" does not exist at character 386
ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_line" does not exist at character 89
ERROR:  relation "planet_osm_roads" does not exist at character 209
ect..

2009/9/29 Lennard <ldp at xs4all.nl>

> Richard Ive wrote:
> > Thanks for you help.
> >
> > I assume, as I have to re-install osm2pgsql, I will have to re-import
> > the planet.osm?
>
> Only if your black roads are actually caused by missing columns in your
> db. Check your postgresql logs.
>
> If it is caused by your mapnik being too old, and unable to handle the
> multiline SQL currently in osm.xml, you don't have to reimport the
> planet, but just update mapnik to release 0.6.1 or newer (svn). Newer
> mapnik versions are also more vocal about problems in the stylesheet, so
> I would recommend building from svn.
>

> --
> Lennard

Regards,