[OSM-dev] osm.org userpage broken with farsi localization?

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 12:29:19 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Claudius <claudius.h at gmx.de> wrote:
> It seems that today the farsi translation for www.openstreetmap.org was
> imported from translatewiki [1]. I've set the preferred language for my
> account to "fa,de,en" and since the update I cannot access my userpage
> [2] any more getting a 500 error:
>
> This may be a problem in our Ruby On Rails code. 500 occurs with
> exceptions thrown outside of an action (like in Dispatcher setups or
> broken Ruby code)
>
> Can someone with ruby knowledge please look into it or if no there's not
> time the one who imported the translation revert that farsi import please?
>
> Claudius
>
> [1]
> http://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&task=view&language=fa&group=out-osm-site
> [2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Claudius%20Henrichs

A similar problem occurred when the translated strings contained
errors for the Swedish translation. In that case it was missing a
plural string or a {} options.

You probably want to check the error log on the server for to correct this file:
http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/sites/rails_port/config/locales/fa.yml

--
/emj