[OSM-dev] Planet OSM 'bad result during COPY'

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Thu Apr 15 21:16:46 BST 2010

Matt Amos schrieb:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Seth Voltz
> <seth.voltz at shiftresearch.com> wrote:
>> My installation is CentOS 5.4 with the latest SVN (20912) osm2pgsql. PostgreSQL 5.4.3 and postgis 1.3.6-1 were installed via Yum from the PGDG84 repository.
>
> PostgreSQL 5.4.3? that seems awfully old. are you sure?
CentOS doesn't do feature updates but rather support the same version
for up to 10 years. This is good for business applications that get
seployed once and never touched again but it is bad for the fast moving
web-2.0-crowdsourcing-maps-and-wiki applications we love.

maybe one of these repos have a newer postgres:
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/ or http://www.jasonlitka.com/yum-repository/.
The first one is mentioned and the centos page [1]

[1] http://centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=14

Peter