[OSM-dev] CC-BY-SA datasources, display warning in editor?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 10:30:21 BST 2010

On 4 August 2010 19:31, Stefan de Konink <stefan at konink.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
>> Otherwise people might just put in a lot of work for nothing.
>
> Obviously not true, since the data will be available in the CC-BY-SA output.

They're still in breach of contract with Nearmap, but not illegal
since they aren't breaking any criminal laws, however I share
Frederik's concern that it's so easy for everyone to trace from
Nearmap and even other cc-by sources if they agreed to the new CTs
which would potentially make a lot of their effort disappear from the
main OSM DB in future.